top of page
  • Anastassia

‼️ WARNING GET RID OF THOSE AIR FRESHENERS!

NO, most plug-ins, gels, and sprays are NOT SAFE for your dog and can be causing them harm ⚠️


Why?!


Most forms of air fresheners, even those marketed as “natural”, can be very toxic to dogs, and us! According to Dr. Mahaney, one of the main offenders in the ingredient list for most air fresheners are Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). VOCs are organic chemicals that have a high vapor pressure at room temperature due to a low boiling point. This causes these compounds to easily evaporate from a solid or liquid form into the air. This transformation is called volatility. In other words, volatility is just what air fresheners are meant to do: break down from one form and dissipate into the air, thereby changing its scent. These substances can cause a laundry list of maladies, like asthma and cancer, and can affect the blood, brain, heart, liver, kidneys, skin, respiratory and nervous systems of both people and pets. So, how do you know if the products you use around your home are relatively safe? Check with the ASPCA poison control center - https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control


⚠️A pet exposed to toxic chemicals might cough, sneeze, produce a nasal discharge, or suffer from vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, or lack of appetite.  If in doubt - see your Vet, and switch to an air purifier HEPA system or do your research on dog-safe cleaning formulas you can make at home. Here is an awesome video on how to make one for under 25$ https://youtu.be/kH5APw_SLUU

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page